CCP Iceland is looking for an experienced programmer passionate about empowering game developers by providing efficient authoring tools and pipelines.
You will work with our dedicated team of tools developers within the Platform Technology group to modernize and optimize a portfolio of development tools and pipelines.
The position is a full-time job-based at the CCP headquarters in beautiful Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Develop tools and pipelines that will improve the productivity and independence of our development teams
- Design, implement, debug, optimize, and iterate on new and existing engine systems and tools, in direct collaboration with end users (Designers, Artists, QA, and Engineers)
- Analyze existing tool functions and identify opportunities for enhancement
- Ability to work on standalone tasks and participate in design and code review processes
- Document work to share knowledge and enable users to onboard with new systems and changes.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in tools programming
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Python and C++.
- Experience with content pipelines, 3d programming, and modern game engines
- Experience with UI frameworks such as QML
- Comfortable refactoring and porting legacy code
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring challenge of working with amazingly talented and ambitious co-workers
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Double work station setup and flexible work environment
- An active fun division that hosts regular events
- An excellent canteen that offers a weekly breakfast and lunch menu as well as drinks and snacks
- Discretionary quarterly and annual performance sharing plan
- Annual sports grant
- A mobile phone as well as a mobile usage package
- Home internet
- A conditional monthly transportation grant
- Work environment that focuses on employee well-being
- On-site doctor, free of charge as well as other on-site services at a discounted price
- Relocation Package
All applicants should be prepared to provide code and work samples and/or set time aside for a test assignment.
All applications and related documents must be submitted in English to be valid.