Summer Intern - Renewable Energy Engineering
About the Company:
Deep-tech hardware startup developing a new method of energy generation. Building and testing a large-scale prototype in our industrial facility in Reykjavik.
As a summer intern (paid), you'll support our engineering team in research, design, and development activities. The opportunity will provide you with hands-on experience in a myriad of technical fields underpinning the renewable energy technology we’re working on such as fluid and thermodynamics, material science, engineering and electronics.
- Assist in the design, building and testing of the engine.
- Simulations/calculations of the physics involved in each step of the machine’s operation.
- General R&D laboratory duties
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in Engineering or Physics.
- Broad interest in technology and renewable energy
- Good conversational skills and comfort with participating in brainstorming sessions.
- Team player that can also take responsibility for deliverables.
- Available to work full-time during the summer months.
- A chance to gain practical experience in a cutting-edge renewable energy project.
- A dynamic and supportive team environment.
- An opportunity to apply academic knowledge to real-world challenges.