We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on Project Awakening, a recently announced title set within the EVE universe.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining high-quality open-source web3 and mobile applications. You will play a pivotal role in building the software and ensuring that our applications remain scalable, maintainable, and cutting-edge while also delivering exceptional user experiences. We encourage junior developers to apply, and the position is located in Reykjavík.
- Design and develop robust, scalable, observable, maintainable, and secure solutions including supporting tools.
- Writing maintainable, well tested, well documented, open-source solutions using the methodologies of infrastructure-as-code.
- Do simple code reviews to provide and receive constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in mobile development: skilled in React Native, TypeScript, and modern design concepts like responsive designs .
- Proficiency in crafting robust and scalable applications for iOS and Android platforms.
- Knowledge of NativeBase is beneficial, but it is not a strict requirement.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking principles and UX best practices.
- English as a fluent second language.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring opportunity of working on a pioneering project in cooperation with amazingly talented and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and innovation.
- A flexible hybrid work environment with a dual workstation setup.
- An employee led fun division that hosts regular events.
- An excellent canteen offering a breakfast and lunch menu, along with drinks, snacks and discretionary weekly dinners.
- Discretionary quarterly and annual performance sharing plans, complemented by an options-based incentive plan.
- Annual sports grant, mobile phone and usage package, home internet, and a conditional monthly transportation grant.
- A strong focus on employee well-being, with benefits such as a free on-site doctor and discounted access to a variety of on-site services, such as a gym, massage, hairdresser, beautician, car- and laundry services.
- Vacation package in accordance with Icelandic labour law and customs.
- A generous relocation package.