Senior Backend Developer
Lucinity was founded in 2018 to Make Money Good by delivering an open productivity platform for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) teams. Our continuous learning platform combines the best of artificial intelligence and human ingenuity to allow any AML team – from big banks to fintechs – to quickly and precisely tackle the ever-evolving threat of money laundering. We are a bunch of ambitious people with all kinds of experience that share a passion for impacting the world through the business of shining a light on dark finance.
About the role
As a Senior Backend Developer at Lucinity you will take part in building the next generation of user-facing AML products. You will be a part of our product development team which is responsible for designing, implementing and delivering high-quality product features, delivering value to our customers.
Our product teams are cross-functional teams that consist of Product Owners, Product Managers and Developers, that together share the ownership and responsibility of selected areas of our product offering.
You will solve technical problems and come up with innovative solutions while collaborating with other developers to promote great software design and quality.
- Experience with NodeJS, Python, Postgres, GraphQL and Docker or similar technologies
- Experience in building performant and scalable services
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of experience
Our Beliefs and Values
Continuous learning is a cornerstone embedded into our product, ingrained in our culture, and manifested in our logo. Beyond the cornerstone, our values govern our actions and ensure clear strategic direction. They are rarely changed but in the name of continuous learning - constantly considered:
- Simply Human describes our understanding, respect and empathy for each other and our clients. It is a commitment to developing solutions laser-focused on helping people. It means having a passion for simple-to-use product that works with humans, not against them. Our first-hand experience that enables us to understand the wants and needs of our clients. Simply human means complementing our client’s skills and making them superheroes so they can take on financial crime, saving institutions time and money in the process.
- Shared Intelligence is a belief that by sharing data and knowledge, we can continuously improve, and accelerate progress together. It is an approach that prioritises open and honest collaboration to achieve the best solution. It means using technology to augment and advance human intelligence, not replace it. It means playing to our respective strengths—man and machine—to achieve a greater goal.
- Quiet Strength is how we empower us and our clients in the fight against financial crime. It is the pursuit of excellence with integrity and humility. It is listening to each other and our clients, always seeking first to understand. It is being passionate and proud without overselling our capabilities. It is anchored in our company roots.is how we empower our customers in the fight against financial crime. It is fortitude without the need for fame or fight. It is determination that is considered, not combative. It is anchored in our roots as an Icelandic company.
Lucinity is an equal opportunity employer. A supportive, empowering, and inclusive environment for every member of our team is integral to our mission of Making Money Good. We celebrate different perspectives to help us grow as a company and as individuals. Our team consists of brilliant people from various backgrounds located in Reykjavík, New York, London, Stockholm, and Brussels. All applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of identity or background. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The application deadline is Sunday, 22 May 2022.
For more information, please contact Ingiber Freyr Ólafsson, Director of Software Solutions: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!