Digital Project Manager
Are you eager to drive digital change? Our Digital Project Managers are.
As our Digital Project Manager, your main focus will be driving progress for the digital experience of Marel Machinery and leading complex software development projects. You will work closely with Product Managers in translating customer needs into a digital roadmap that you will execute with a cross functional team of specialists.
You will also be responsible for new product development, sustainment projects and iterative digital developments; this includes making sure that the projects are completed on time, according to scope and within budget. The projects are carried out in close collaboration with Marel key customers and other Marel teams.
What you'll be doing
- Managing and leading cross functional project teams
- Stakeholder management; managing expectations and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project organization, timeline development, information sharing and reporting on project progress, including; accountability for the daily execution of a project
- Project management and implementation of projects in line with Marel's internal policies, processes, procedures and guidelines. Cost estimates, follow-up estimates and risk assessments
- Visit customers/partners as required by the project progress
Who are we?
We are an international team of people for whom passion isn’t just a buzzword. We have an important goal –to create a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably –and we’re excited to make it happen. As world leaders in advanced food processing solutions, we’re in the unique position to transform the future of food and make a real impact –but we need individuals with diverse perspectives and skill to get there.
What’s in it for you?
There’s nothing like the feeling you get when you do something worthwhile for a living. That said, coming home from work knowing you made a difference is just one of the great things you can experience at Marel. You can expect:
- Freedom to take initiative and make a real impact in a growing global business
- An environment of trust and respect with space to explore and fail
- A network of specialist who are always willing to help
- Endless possibilities to keep learning: Access to Linkedin Learning and Busuu
- To get a career instead of a job. We have many opportunities for internal growth; and we encourage it!
What kind of a person are you?
We encourage each of our 8,000 employees to bring their unique self to work and aim to make everyone feel recognized, valued and free to explore their potential. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture and welcome new colleagues from all walks of life. You will recognize in yourself that you:
- You are proactive and enjoy leading domain specialists from different functional teams, you enjoy and are energized by communicating widely throughout a organization.
- Do your best to help us thrive, take ownership of your work and stand behind your decisions
- Have knowledge about Software Development (education or experience)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in project and/or product management
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal, Icelandic language will be an advantage
- Experience with and comfort working in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage
So, if you want to drive digital change, get in touch with us by applying to this role!
If you request more information about the position, contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Malissa Zwanikken (firstname.lastname@example.org)