Category Manager NPR
As a category manager Professional Services (Non-Product Related procurement) you manage the global supply base for all professional services we buy within Marel to support our business development. The scope of the supply base is from law firms to strategic consulting firms, and from insurance brokers to financial audit firms. You will be responsible to have a global category sourcing strategy developed, aligned with the business stakeholders, and deployed within the organization. Besides the global category sourcing strategy definition you are expected to also work in cooperation with your stakeholders on implementation of the related strategic and tactical sourcing activities through a cross-functional and global team, with emphasis on optimizing spend, and have the supply base in line with the business development plans across all Marel sites.
Besides being part of the Non-Product Related procurement team in a category management role, you will be responsible as well for the local NPR procurement scope for both the sites in Iceland and Denmark. This scope will cover the full scope of NPR procurement, where you will be the first point of contact to support the business in all their requests for procurement support (operational/tactical and strategic).
Besides the main job scope for category management, you will get the opportunities to get involved in the development of the Non-Product Related procurement department (NPR), where you will be able to drive improvement projects, also outside the job scope.
As a category manager within NPR procurement your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Own & develop the NPR category strategy for Professional Services, by providing local / regional / global requirements and aligning with relevant internal stakeholders
- Implementation of the Professional Services category strategy to deliver the category specific targets
- Manage the global Professional Services supply base
- Manage and maintain close relationship with the key business stakeholders
- Create, develop, optimize and maintain good and effective supplier relations.
- Support implementation and follow up of the central managed supplier agreements
- Spend analysis and based on these analysis collaborate with relevant stakeholders to set the best procurement strategies for Marel.
- Vendor management activities
- Accountable for vendor performance and define corrective measures to ensure commodity related vendor performance targets are met
- Responsible for documentation of strategic sourcing initiatives and achieved savings in collaboration with the local NPR purchasers in the countries
Since your role is based out of our site in Garðabær, Aarhus, or Stovring, where you will have a local NPR procurement responsibility as well, you are expected to travel on a regular basis between the sites. For purchases from local suppliers from various NPR categories, you are expected to support local stakeholders in the sourcing and contracting process, and where needed other category managers can step in to support and/or take over the procurement responsibility. Our procure-to-pay platform will allow our stakeholders to put purchase requests in the system by themselves, so operational procurement is all automated and requires limited support from you as a category manager.
You are an energetic and pragmatic person with a conceptual, hands-on and strategic mindset, looking for a role within procurement where you will be able to contribute to the changes and improvements which need to be made within the department, and contribute to the growth strategy of Marel. You are open for challenges, changes, and a stretch in your daily work.
You have a few years procurement experience and are looking for a next step in your career. This move to Marel will offer you that possibility where we will support you in facilitating that next step.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- 2-3 years’ experience of working in (strategic) procurement
- Experience with and comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization level as required for professional purchasing projects and supplier relationship management
- Assertive, results-driven personality whom can comfortably blend negotiation results with sustainable (future) supplier relationships
- Ability to see and create business opportunities in the NPR procurement area
- Since you work with stakeholders from our legal and strategy office, we expect you to work with discretion and confidentiality, and become a trusted business partner for our stakeholders.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
If you also want to feel proud of what you do every day, then Marel is the right place for you. We look forward to receiving your application in English via the “Apply” button on this job ad.