Guide to Iceland is looking to hire an experienced Chief Financial Officer for its Reykjavik office in Borgartún. The candidate will be an executive member of the management team and reports directly to the CEO. We need someone with expertise in all aspects of financial management with a strong background in accounting. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader since all relative departments of the organization will be under his command.
- Oversees all fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's fiscal function and performance
- Participates in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Develops long-term, trusted relationships and credibility with key external constituencies including external auditors, developed and newly developing banking relationships and other advisors
- Effectively and clearly communicates potential risks
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Responsible for assisting with drafting legal and financial documents, letters and other correspondence. Assists with the negotiation, review, and approval of contracts
- Evaluates the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provides individuals with professional and personal growth with an emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals
- Works towards automating key financial processes including accounts reconciliation, journal entries, and preparing financial statements to improve efficiency, data integrity and speed up processes such as budget approvals and reimbursement claims.
- Proven experience as CFO, CPA, finance officer or relevant role
- 2+ years of experience in management roles with significant decision-making, financial, strategic planning, operational and administration responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and accounting best practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and Dynamics NAV
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- M.Sc.in accounting or relevant field; Certified Public Accountant is a strong advantage
Guide to Iceland is the largest collaboration in the Icelandic travel industry, uniting over 1.000 Icelandic travel operations in a single community. Our online platform provides access to customer reviewed tours, accommodation and rental cars in Iceland. In 2017 Guide to Iceland placed third in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 program, which is an objective industry ranking that recognizes the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa during the past few years.
Please note that only applications in English will be accepted.
The application deadline is May 17th, 2019.