We at Arctic Adventures are looking for a Glacier Guide to join our team.
About the role:
Your primary responsibilities are the safety and enjoyment of our guests while leading them through (easy to moderate) glacial terrain. You will be provided with full training followed by formal assessment prior to leading tours independently. We offer tours ranging from easy and family friendly hikes to more demanding activities such as ice climbing.
- This positition is physically demanding - an average workday typically amounts to 10 hours, often in challenging weather conditions
- You can expect to lead multiple departures throughout the day in addition to taking care of track maintenance duties on the glacier
What do I need to apply?
- Ability to entertain and to keep our clients safe
- Background in the outdoors (personal or professional) will greatly benefit your application
- The ability to communicate clearly in English. Any additional language skills will benefit your application
- Background in outdoors activities
- Valid basic first aid certificate
- Ability to deal with the physically demanding nature of the role
- Proactive attitude to learning and the mental fortitude required to work for extended periods on extremes of weather
For further information about the position, please contact: email@example.com